Holy Basil Leaves / Tulsi Ke Patte (برگ تلسی, تلسی کے پتے) which has the scientific name Ocimum Sanctum is undoubtedly one of the best medicinal herb that has been discovered. It has endless miraculous and medicinal values.
Even going close to a Tulsi plant alone can protect you from many infections. A few leaves dropped in drinking water or foods can purify it and can kill germs within it as well. Even smelling it or keeping it planted in a pot indoors can protect the whole family from infections, coughs, colds and other viral infections.
Health Benefits of Tulsi Powder:
The health benefits of Holy Basil / Tulsi include the following:
- Fever is not actually an ailment in itself. It is just a symptom which shows that our body is fighting against less visible infections. The tremendous disinfectant, germicidal and fungicidal properties of tulsi destroys all those pathogens discussed above and heals the resulting fever.
- Tulsi, along with curing viral, bacterial and fungal infections of the respiratory system, gives miraculous relief in congestion due to the presence of components like Camphene, Eugenol and Cineole in its essential oils. It is very effective in curing almost all varieties of respiratory disorders including bronchitis, both chronic and acute.
- Tulsi is very beneficial in the treatment of asthma, since it relieves congestion and facilitates smoother breathing. The phytonutrients and essential oils, along with the other minerals in it, help cure some of the underlying causes of asthma as well.
- Holy Basil contains vitamin-C and other antioxidants such as eugenol, which protect the heart from the harmful effects of free radicals. Additionally, eugenol is very beneficial in reducing the cholesterol levels within the blood.
- They soothe the nerves, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation and thus reduce stress.
- Holy Basil destroys more than 99% of the germs and bacteria in the mouth and this effect can last all day. It also cures ulcers in the mouth. Finally, it is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer which can be caused by chewing tobacco.
- Holy Basil destroys the bacteria that are responsible for dental cavities, plaque, tartar, and bad breath, while also protecting the teeth. It also has astringent properties which make the gums hold the teeth tighter, thereby keeping them from falling.
- Tulsi, being a detoxifier and a mild diuretic, helps to reduce the uric acid level in the body, which is the main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned. It also helps to clean out the kidneys through increased frequency of urination. Acetic acid and certain components in tulsi essential oils also facilitate dissolution of the stones. Finally, it has pain killer effects and help bear the pain from kidney stones as they pass.
- Headaches caused due to migraines, sinus pressure, cough and cold, or high blood pressure can be effectively controlled by the use of a single tulsi serving.
- Holy Basil is so good for boosting up the immune system that it is hard to describe in words. It protects against nearly all infections from viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa.
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once daily.
Note: Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition.