Flax seeds/Alsi ke Beej (السی کے بیج) also known as Linum Usitatissimum, have been consumed as food for around 6,000 years.Flaxseeds, sometimes called linseeds, are small, brown, tan or golden-colored seeds that are the richest sources of a plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, called alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). They are the bestsource of lignans in human diets. Flux seeds contains Omega-3, Fiber, Protein, Vitamin B1, Manganese, Magnesium, and Phosphorus, Also, flaxseeds contain a good amount of vitamin B6, Iron, potassium, copper and zinc.
Health benefits includes
Flax seed benefits could help you improve digestion, give you clear skin, lower cholesterol, reduce sugar cravings, balance hormones, fight cancer and promote weight loss… and that’s just the beginning!
- Flax seeds are high in fiber, but low in carbs. Itcan support colon detoxification, fat loss and reduce sugar cravings.
- Flax seeds makes skin, nails and hair healthier. It can be used as a natural skin moisturizer. It can also improve symptoms of acne, rosacea, and eczema.
- Flax seeds can improve eye health, can reduce dry eye syndrome.
- It can improve obesity and support weight loss.
- Lower Cholesterol level
- Flax seeds are great for those who have Celiac disease or have a gluten-sensitivity. They may also be a good alternative to omega-3 fats in fish for people with a seafood allergy.
- Flaxseeds are high in Antioxidants. Consuming flax regularly may help reduce the number or severity of colds and flus.
- Improve digestive health and cure digestive ailments
- Flax seed fights against breast, prostate, ovarian and colon cancer.
- It regular use help reduce the risk of osteoporosis. It can even help menstruating women by helping maintain cycle regularity.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.